Any part in the Power Wheels, like battery, motor, or wiring, can malfunction. You can repair these malfunctions under the Power Wheels Warranty claim, so you do not have to pay.
The Power Wheels offer a bumper-to-bumper warranty for one year and a battery warranty for six months. These warranties are conditional, which only covers the malfunctions caused by the normal use of the Power Wheels. Accidentally damaged, abused, and unreasonably used parts are not covered.
Types of Power Wheels Warranty
Different brands in Power Wheels toys offer different warranties based on the time limit and the warranty items. The main Fisher-Price brand, which is the head brand of Power Wheels, offers two types of warranties: bumper-to-bumper warranty and battery warranty.
The bumper-to-bumper warranty in Power Wheels covers almost all the parts between the front and rear bumper. This warranty is for the defects in materials and workmanship. It is a one-year limited warranty provided by the Power Wheels brand.
The warranty only covers the damages done on the normal use. If you have tried to repair the part yourself, that cannot be claimed in the warranty. Only the original buyer can claim the warranty. The warranty starts from the day of purchase. We recommend you do not repair the vehicle at home if the product still has a warranty.
What is Covered in Bumper to Bumper Warranty?
As mentioned above, the bumper-to-bumper warranty covers all the Power Wheels parts, which have malfunctions on normal use. It includes:
- Service from authorized expert
- Remote control
- Music system
- Radio etc
What is Not Covered in Bumper to Bumper Warranty?
The bumper-to-bumper warranty is conditional; it does cover all the parts mentioned above but only in particular conditions. The bumper-to-bumper warranty cannot be claimed if:
- If you have tried to repair the part at home
- Hired anybody to repair it who Power Wheels do not authorize.
- Cosmetic parts (the parts which are not essential for any operation like mirrors and stickers)
- Excess used tires (including excess wear and tear).
- Damages caused by unreasonable use or misuse.
- Damages caused by neglecting.
- Damages caused by accident and abuse.
- The battery is not covered in this warranty.
- Modified Power Wheels in any way.
- Rented or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by being overweight.
- Any other thing violated from the instruction manual.
It should be mentioned that Power Wheels is not liable to any unintentional or intentional damage to any part of the ride-on toy.
The battery is not covered in Power Wheels bumper-to-bumper warranty; Power Wheels offer six months limited warranty for the battery.
This warranty is for the defects in materials of battery and the service of the battery. The warranty starts from the day of purchase.
What is Covered in Battery Warranty?
The battery warranty only covers the batteries that are dead on normal use. Suppose you have to replace a battery that is dead after the warranty limit.
In that case, you can opt to buy one from the Power Wheels brand because every battery from Power Wheels has a six-month warranty, no matter if it is the stock or a replacement battery. The replacement batteries are expensive, almost half of the price of Power Wheels.
What is Not Covered in Battery Warranty?
Again the battery warranty is conditional same as the bumper-to-bumper warranty. The battery warranty can not be claimed if:
- Repaired battery or the battery tried to repair.
- The battery is dead by overcharging.
- Discharged battery because of long time no use.
- Battery damaged by misuse, accident, and neglect.
- The battery is used for other purposes.
Pros and Cons Power Wheels Warranty?
- In a bumper-to-bumper warranty, every part with some operation is covered conditionally
- One year and six months-long periods in comparison to other brands’ 90 days warranty
- Easy claim
- The battery can be replaced by a warranty which is very expensive in the market
- Everything is covered conditionally. Only normal use damage malfunctions are covered
- Wear and tear not covered
- This warranty does not cover and is intended to exclude any liability on the part of Power Wheels
How to Claim the Power Wheels Warranty?
Claiming the warranty of Power Wheels is easier than other brands; If there is a fault in your Power Wheels, do not return it to the original store. Power Wheels has a lot of authorized service centers in the US. You can contact any of the service centers which are near to you.
If You can not find a service center in your area, you can visit the official website of Power Wheels (www.powerwheels.com) or contact the consumer relations helpline.
Who Can Claim the Power Wheels Warranty?
Only the original buyer can claim the Power Wheels warranty; you have to buy the Power Wheels from authorized dealers. If you have bought the Power Wheels from an authorized person and agency, the warranty can not be claimed at the Power Wheels service center because you have to produce the ID at the time.
It is recommended to buy the Power Wheels only from authorized dealers online or from the market. If you want to buy a used Power Wheels, keep in mind the warranty has no use for you.
Power Wheels Warranty Warning
As per Power Wheels warranty instructions: “This warranty does not cover, and is intended to exclude, any liability on the part of Power Wheels for any indirect or consequential damages for breach of warranty, whether under this warranty or implied by law.”
Because certain jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation, this restriction may not apply to you.”
Is It Possible to Get the Power Wheels Warranty Extended?
No, there is no such thing provided by the Fisher-Price. You can not extend the warranty of Power Wheels. However, if you want to repair your toy after the warranty, you can opt for the authorized power wheels stores where the experts provide the same services but with payment.
Or you can opt for the insurance plans offered by different agencies.
Are there any Aftermarket Protection Plans for Power Wheels Similar to the Warranty?
Yes, many aftermarket agencies provide protection plans for toys and electronics, including the Power Wheels. These protection plans cover more things and have fewer conditions on the repair claim than the Power Wheels warranty.
These protection plans are paid and sometimes similar to the price of Power Wheels itself.
The only problem with these protection plans is that they only cover the products bought in the last 30 days. Your warranty will still be in use for malfunction.
Once the warranty is finished, the malfunctions are also covered in the plan. These protection plans have a period of three years or more.
Suppose you want to buy a protection plan. In that case, we recommend ASURION, one of the best provided in online store costs $34 on the Powe Wheels of prices up to $250, for higher prices, similar plans are available by Asurion, which costs a little more.
Let’s see what a three-year ASURION offers in the package.
- No Hidden Costs: There are no hidden costs after you buy an ASURION protection plan. You pay $0 for the repair, parts, labor, and shipping costs.
- Coverage: These plans start from the date of their purchase; you can only buy this for the Power Wheels you bought in the previous 30 days. Accidental cracks, spills, and power surges are covered from the first day. Any malfunction covered in the Power Wheels warranty is covered in this plan after the warranty is finished.
- Easy and Timely Claim Process: You can file a claim for repair anytime online or by phone. Most claims are approved in minutes. If it is not possible to repair the part, ASURION will provide you a gift card for the new part to replace it.
- Long Period: ASURION offers a three-year plan, so you don’t need to worry about repairing three years rather than a one-year limited, conditional warranty.
What is Covered in the ASURION Protection Plan for Power Wheels?
During the Power Wheels warranty period, the ASURION offers:
- Drops, Spills, Cracked Parts during the normal use.
- Wiring, switches, controller, or anything burned because of a power surge is covered in this plan.
After the Power Wheels warranty period, the ASURION offers:
- Mechanical/Electrical Malfunctions, which means the battery is also covered.
- Normal wear and tear failure, for example, the tires can be replaced if they are bald because of excess use.
What is Not Covered in the ASURION Protection Plan for Power Wheels?
- Intentional Damage done to the Power Wheels
- Power Wheels theft or Lost.
- Scratches, dents, and dings to the parts which still work.
- Malfunction covered by the Power Wheels warranty till the warranty period.
Pros and Cons ASURION Protection Plan for Power Wheels?
- Only one payment for three years can also be longer or smaller terms based on the Power Wheels quality and your kid’s age
- If they can’t repair the part, either they will replace it or give you a gift card to buy the part from online store
- Failure due to normal wear and tear is covered in this plan which is never covered in the warranty
- The price is fair and can be afforded by anybody who has Power Wheels
- The battery itself is half of the Price of the Power Wheel, which can be replaced free
- This plan does not apply to the Power Wheels bought more than 30 days before
- Anything covered in the warranty is not covered in this plan till the warranty is over
- Although you can buy the ASURION from online store, it is a third party, and online store is not responsible for it
- If you intend to modify your vehicle, then we recommend not to buy this plan
Return and Exchange Policy of Power Wheels
When you buy Power Wheels from authorized physical stores, you can always check the product before buying, so you don’t need to return it. Still, you can always claim the warranty if there is any fault under the warranty limitations.
If you have bought the Power Wheels from authorized online stores and don’t like the product, there is a 100% return guarantee.
Power Wheels is a sub-brand of Fisher-Price who makes educational toys for the kids. Shipping and service charges or non-refundable on return. There will be a small deduction from the original Price. You have to follow few simple steps to return the Power Wheels.
- Complete and Print the Return Form: Sometimes, the return form is given with the product; otherwise, you can download it from the fisher-price website. Fill it and send it along with the proof of purchase and the product in stock packing.
- Send your package with a Pre-addressed Label: Make sure to remove the old address and barcodes from the box so the postal carrier can put a new address chit. When you send the parcel, ask for the receipt or ask for a tracking number.
- You will receive your refund once the product arrives at the store.
- If you want an exchange instead of a refund, select the exchange option and order a new product; if the product is a low price, your extra money will be refunded, and if it is higher, then you have to pay extra.
When you buy Power Wheels for your kid, you don’t want it to break down before the time. But anything can happen, you kid can hit the power wheels in something, or the battery can be dead before the time. You would not like to pay for the repair or a new Power Wheels.
Well, the Power Wheels do offer a warranty, and if you are on time, go with it. Power Wheels offer a one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 6-month battery warranty.
This warranty comes with certain limitations, and if you are out of these limitations, there is no claim in the warranty. You can also opt for the protection plan offered by Asurion, which has three years and covers many more things than the warranty.